1) David Bentley just loves to score spectacular goals. Though so far this season he hasn’t shown his best form, he looked a real handful at times tonight and Arsenal couldn’t contain him. And that was one hell of a goal. Spurs will hope he can maintain that sort of form.
2) Gael Clichy must feel absolutely gutted right now, having had a blinder of a game, looking solid at the back and for the most part containing Bentley’s threat, and looking dangerous going forward, it was his slip that let Jenas in to score the all important third goal for Spurs. Until then they looked dead and buried, but unfortunately for Clichy, he let them back in.
3) Arsene Wenger is a firm believer in his kids, but it is at times like this where you just think a touch more experience wouldn’t hurt. They were cruising along at 4-2, but every time they got the ball they were still playing tricky balls and trying fancy footwork. If they’d have calmed it down and just kept the ball, they’d have kept all three points as well.
4) Harry Redknapp seems to have had an instant impact at White Hart Lane. Under Ramos the Spurs players looked lethargic and there was no real fight in them. Today they looked well up for the game (it was a London derby after all) but even when they surely thought the points were beyond them, they kept on working, and in the end, it paid off with a valuable point.
5) If anyone, anywhere, decides not to screen future Arsenal-Tottenham clashes, then they want shooting. After this game, the Carling Cup 5-1 thrashing last season and the epic 5-4 game a few seasons back, this is proving to be one derby that isn’t always tight and edgy, in fact it’s exactly the opposite.